Photo: GSK Marburg
ACTIP News Bulletin
• ACTIP Bulletin 75 (Februari 2019), including the latest agenda of interesting events.
The following ACTIP bulletins are still available online. Older bulletins can be requested from the ACTIP Secretariat
• Bulletin 74 (September 2018)
• Bulletin 73 (May 2018)
• Bulletin 72 (October 2017)
Biologics on the market
Historically, biopharmaceuticals were produced from a biological source, such as tissues, organs or eggs. However since the late 1970s, they have been increasingly produced using cell technologies. By now, more than 370 individual biopharmaceutical have received marketing approval from in United States and/or European Union.
A list of approved biopharmaceuticals, including recombinant antibody-based, nucleic acid-based and genetically engineered cell-based products by end of July 2018 has been published by Gary Walsh in Nature Biotechnology.
Gene therapy products
ACTIP monographs and other publications
• ACTIP Information paper (last update: November 2011)
• ACTIP Position paper (last update: January 2012)
• Animal Cell Technology (last update: March 2016)
• Biotechnology and biopharmaceuticals (last update: March 2016)
• Past, present and future of monoclonal antibodies (last update: August 2018)
• Vaccines and animal cell technology (last update: June 2013)
• Safety Testing of Recombinant Protein Products Derived from Cell Lines of Human and Animal Origin (last update: April 2014)
• ACTIP 1990 – 2010 (ACTIP’s 20th anniversary publication, 2010)
• What is Animal Cell Technology
Download here a review on:
• Optimal and consistent protein glycosylation in mammalian cell culture.
By Hossler et al, Glycobiology, vol 19 no 9 pp 936-949, 2009